How do you use put forth?
Table of Contents
How do you use put forth?
(1) Trees put forth buds and leaves in spring. (2) This scientist has put forth a new theory in his research field. (3) The motion stuck as soon as it was put forth. (4) He put forth his hand to his former enemy in token of goodwill.
Is it put forth or put forward?
Meaning of put forward/forth something in English to suggest an idea for consideration: None of the ideas that I put forward have been accepted. He put forth a clear, logical argument.
What means to put or set forth?
transitive) to state, express, or utter.
Will bring forth?
1. Give rise to, introduce. For example, I may be new, but I can still bring forth any proposals I consider necessary. [
How do you spell put forth?
- to set before the mind for consideration. They put forth a plan of action for the committee. Synonyms for put forth. advance, bounce,
- to make known (as an idea, emotion, or opinion) She put forth her thoughts during the meeting. Synonyms for put forth. air, expound,
- to state as a fact usually forcefully.
How do you say put forth effort?
- peg away,
What does put forth mean in the Bible?
To state, as an idea, for consideration: advance, offer, pose, propose, propound, set forth, submit, suggest.
What does except as set forth mean?
vb. 5 tr to leave out; omit; exclude.
What does set forth mean in law?
The phrase set forth is used quite often in legal writing, contracts, legal documents and in writing official statements. Set forth means that the writer intends to describe something in more detail or refer to a document or something where additional information may be found.
Is brought forth in a sentence?
Brought-forth sentence example Directly or indirectly, everything is brought forth by the ” One.” In the east Lee had the second time marched his army into Pennsylvania to suffer a disastrous defeat at Gettysburg, on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of July, though he was able to withdraw his shattered forces south of the Potomac.
What does it mean to put forth?
to give or supply; to make or create (implies trying or striving) to put forth an effort.
What is the definition of put forth?
1 : onward in time, place, or order : forward from that day forth. 2 : out into notice or view put forth leaves lava bursting forth from the volcano.
What are synonyms for putting forth?
Synonyms for Put forth: v. •exert (verb) employ, ply, throw, use, put out, exercise, expend. •extend (verb) give, proffer, advance, pose, impart, put forward, submit, bring forward, present, tender, hold out. •offer (verb) propound, show, display, exhibit, provide, suggest, move, lay at one’s feet, extend.
What is another word for putting forth?
Synonyms for put forth include give, offer, present, propose, publish, state, submit, make known, set forth and bestow. Find more similar words at wordhippo.com!