What is 7years route?

What is 7years route?

The Immigration Rules state that a child who lived continuously in the UK for at least 7 years (discounting any period of imprisonment) may qualify for limited leave to remain if it shows that it would not be ‘reasonable’ to expect the child to leave the UK.

What is qualifying period for ILR?

Visa categories that are eligible for ILR

Current category Qualifying ILR period
Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) After 3 or 5 years depending on the business activity
Global Talent and Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa After 3 years
Skilled Worker visa and Tier 2 (General) After 5 years
PBS visa dependants After 5 years

Can I apply for ILR after 8 years?

You may be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain if you’ve been in the UK legally for 10 continuous years (known as ‘long residence’). You can use it to apply for British citizenship. You must meet all the eligibility requirements.

Can I get British citizenship through my child?

Can I get UK citizenship through my child? Parents cannot obtain British citizenship through their children, however, children can obtain British citizenship through their parents.

READ ALSO:   Are you a British citizen if one parent is a citizen?

Can I apply for ILR after 5 years on 10 years route?

If you are looking to apply for UK Indefinite Leave to Remain after 5 years, you will need to check you qualify based on the visa you currently hold and whether you meet all other ILR requirements….Visas leading to ILR after 5 years.

Immigration route Qualifying period
Tier 2 (General) visa ILR after 5 years

Can I apply for ILR after 6 years?

An application for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of six years under the discretionary leave to remain can be submitted to the Home Office 28 days before completing 6 years residence.

Can I apply for ILR if my child have British passport?

If you have a child who has British citizenship, you may be able to apply for the right to remain in the UK under part of the immigration rules. The rules also say that you must be able to provide for the child (and any other family you have).